viernes, 15 de junio de 2007

Important Announcement:

Well today it happened again and this time I wasn’t asleep! That’s right this blog has additional validity because it is written by an earthquake survivor (Has Mcblog gone through any earthquakes? Didn’t think so)! Today at approximately 3:24 in the afternoon I was walking down the street to buy a some bread, the glazed kind with little sugar crystals sprinkled on top from the bakery; when suddenly I noticed the telephone wires shaking, I also heard what sounded like wind, yet I felt no breeze (dramatic pause); that’s when I realized I was experiencing an earthquake! Not to worry though! I didn’t panic because I realized I was in the safest spot possible (In the middle of the street away from any large buildings, or dangerous animals). Ok, perhaps this sounds a little too much like Dwight Schrute (a little over dramatic), but it was sweet! When I realized what was happening I stopped and just felt the ground bounce up and down. I’m going to check the newspaper tomorrow to see how severe it was! So yeah, I feel much cooler. I think now I can relate much better to Lindsey and Andy who lived through, experienced, excuse me, survived hurricane Katrina, you’re just never the same after you’ve overcome a natural disaster (spoken while staring off into the distance).
Ha ha! now I’m sounding like Micheal Scott, oh man I really miss The Office.

10 comentarios:

Jessica dijo...

your such a nerd!!!! but i love you!

Jessica dijo...

hey dustin. i am doing a family blog site. its really cool. but i need your username and password so i can put the links on your blog. lov eyou!1 just send me an email.

JeanT dijo...

So I found out Guatemala had a 6.9 earthquake on 6/13, 4.7ish 6/14 & 6/15 with epicenter offshore. Great to hear you had a good time with the earthquake you felt. We have the Rogers Creek Fault that runs along the hill behind (east of) our house. The ones that are below 4.0 are more fun than the ones above 4.0, especially if the epicenter is at your house. And then there are the aftershocks, one of which is probably what you felt. Good job on being in the middle of the street at the time - I think. So what were you doing in the middle of the street anyway? Does your mom know about that? Oh, I had a great time meeting your grandparents and your parents and your sister Jessica. I told them I was sure you would want me to know all your embarrassing childhood stories. They were cute, by the way.

Lindsey dijo...

I'm not really sure I know what you mean - I mean unless the earthquake was big enough to name I don't really see how you can compare the two - I mean we are really a big deal here in TX.

I'm glad you survived by the way.

Love ya!
(Just to be fair it was Rita we survived not Katrina :))

Pace dijo...

I'm not glad you survived... your blog would be validated so much more if your were dead. And yes McBlog has been through earthquakes, hurricanes, child birth, AND dinner at the Drapers!

Jessica dijo...

CHa!! dinner at the drapers is like a once in a lifetime experience. those who get to eat there should count themselves lucky!

The Cranney's dijo...

Dustin,
I am glad you survived also. Hunter and I were looking at a book about Guatamala and it had a picture of the lake you live by. What a beautiful place.

Joy dijo...

Yeah I'm with you on missing the Office. I hope they keep it clean in the next season though; usually it's okay. Yesterday we had dinner at Rachel's house (ah yes, she made a "simple" meal of chicken cordon bleu, cheesy funeral potatoes and green beans along with a turtle caramel chocolate dessert-- you weren't missing out or anything). Then she came over to our house to make s'mores over our fire pit, and the three of us sat there and talked for over an hour. Rachel said these profound words: "I wish DUSTIN were here!" That is a direct quote.

phil t dijo...

oh yawn. another earthquake. no biggy for us Californians. Seems like so many people from around the country talk about not living in CA because of the earthquakes, and then we read about their tornadoes, hurricaines, blizzards....I'll take the earthquakes. No warning. Bam and they're over. We miss you.

Joy dijo...

hey can we have a detailed description and maybe even a photo of the tuj or tuk or whatever your shower/sauna thing is called? I tried looking it up on Google but couldn't find anything applicable. I am just curious as to how you get clean... and are you all in there together as a family? things like that.