viernes, 1 de junio de 2007

Jessica (my sister) don't read this

May 30, 2007

Well, we have an etymologist in our group here and she’s really interested in all the different bugs here. It’s been really nice because she’s been able to help all of us deal with the different problems that all the different insects can present, like fleas (I’ve had much better luck with fleas than some of the others here in the group). But one thing that she told us to do is to try and leave spiders alone that we find in our rooms because they will protect us from the bugs which are more likely to cause us problems. So there’s two spiders that live in my room and I tried to have a new attitude towards them, so I allowed them to live in my room on the condition that they keep all the kissing bugs, fleas, bed bugs, mosquitos, and other small animals which like to suck my blood under control, and I’m glad to say that they have been very good tenets, and my bug bites have been few and far between; it’s totally a win-win situation, they get food, and I don’t get bitten!, I like to think of them as my arachnid allies. Here’s a picture of the one, the other one’s a little camera shy so we’ll have to see about that picture later.

5 comentarios:

Pace dijo...

No pic :( must have betrayed you right before the pic and you killed em... Dustin that was your ally! You don't kill your ally!

JeanT dijo...

I like having spiders in my garden because they are the only thing that will get rid of cucumber beetles (green with black dots). Bugs are only human - they love the tropics too.
One thing I have noticed about entomologists is that they all seem to just LOVE their field. She must be in heaven in Guatemala.

Jessica dijo...

DUSTIN. ok so you say "jessica dont read this" the first thing i am going to do is read it!! hello! oh and by the way... ewww!!

-Rob dijo...

Spiders rock until they start chowing on you. Look out for the ones that glow in the dark and the ones that will turn you into spiderman. I read through all your other blogs and it sounds like this guatemalan experience is amazing. I enjoyed reading your descriptive narratives... makes it easier to imagine that I'm there with you.

phil t dijo...

Nothing cute to say; but am enjoying your chronicles.