jueves, 28 de junio de 2007

WWF thriving in Guatemala

So here in Guatemala professional wrestling is huge! It’s kind of the cool thing for the teenage boys to wear these black WWF t-shirts with their favorite wrestler on it. So besides learning a lot about indigenous literature I’ve also been able to get caught up on the latest happenings in the WWF. In fact in case anyone was wondering The Edge defeated Battista for the heavyweight title last Saturday night (I watched it with my little brothers, it was pretty amazing…). In the WWF there’s this wrestler named The Great Kali, he’s like 7 feet tall and he doesn’t speak English very well. So somehow the neighborhood kids made the comparison with me; which makes sense, I’m taller than everyone here and I don’t speak K’iche very well. So my new nickname is “El Gran Kali!” and all the kids cheer me on when I go down the street, it’s been a really interesting experience for me, so don’t be surprised if I show up at the Airport in August wearing all WWF attire…
Or if I body slam Pace during a barbecue or something. Oh which reminds me, Pace we need to go out to visit the Terribilini’s when I get back, I would like to challenge you to a showdown on the floating trampoline! I’m just letting you know now so that you can start training, you’re going to need it.

4 comentarios:

Jessica dijo...

dustin its just like when you walk down the sidewalk at BYU and everyone starts cheering!! hahaha

Pace dijo...

You're not in my weight class lil Kali. Let me know when you get to the Ultimo Kali division

JeanT dijo...

Oh, yeah, Pace seriously needs to be taken down. Too bad you won't be here for the wedding. We could have the match after Joy & JessT sing. Just the perfect thing.

Rachel dijo...

hahaha yesss....WWF attire. i can't wait.haha